Learn How to Drive Free Traffic to Your Ecommerce WebsiteFebruary 10, 2020
The success story of any e-commerce website majorly depends on the count of attracted visitors on the site. Undeniably, there is no other way-out for a website to be commercially functional without getting traffic of healthy and persistent visitor. Simultaneously, there is the need for ensuring the traffic is of quality or potential visitors which can add in to the business. Regardless the wide-ranging products or services that a website has to offer, it is always the number of qualitative traffic that takes any online store to the way towards success.
Further, the volume of traffic of any website can be maintained moderately with incorporation of some required changes. Usually such changes are easy to implement and also doesn’t cost much as well. In fact, most of the ways for driving the traffic are easy and also don’t require trained professionals for the process of execution. So, basically it is the traffic on the website without which selling anything on the e-commerce website is very not a possible task. And, understanding the fact that there is actually no point in attracting non-potential customers, it is better to have 100 people on the website of the online store out of which at least 10 to make online purchases than getting a traffic of 1000 people and getting only one purchase what is been offered on the website.
So, here ‘Quality tops over Quantity’!
Although, we might agree on the fact that – ‘There’s no such thing as free traffic’ because nothing is free. However, you can still get free traffic only when there is sound knowledge about the right ways to do so and can also invest time for the execution of strategies.
Below here are the some crucial ways for an E-commerce website to get traffic –
- Learning the Strategy of optimising online store for different search engines.
- Start Blog Section with best Content Strategy.
- Make Active Participation on Social Media.
- Make Collaborations Online.
- Develop Offline Network.
Let’s discuss these factors in detail –
1. Learning the Strategy of Optimizing Online Store for Different Search Engines
With the idea or need of online shopping for anything, the buyer either visits his/her favourite shopping website or starts searching for the product online at different search engines. The search is done with use of various words like where to get XYZ, where XYZ is available online, XYZ online, XYZ in Australia, how to choose best XYZ and many other suitable ways.
On making such searches online on the search engines, one ends up clicking on the links that can be top 5 or may click on any of the advertisements shown on top searched results. Now, this is how your online store should show up among those results searched using specific key terms that are targeted or the terms that are on continuous search by the targeted audience of the business. It is to remember that there is no point of developing the content for the website with keywords that people are not not making any search for.
These days, search engine optimisation is not given much importance by the small online websites basically because of no immediacy of results and demands someone well-versed with functionality of SEO. Patience and good knowledge about SEO strategies only work in the long run. However, on-page optimisation is simple that require sometime in developing an understanding the guidelines and further start optimising each page on your site. Also read 5 why how seo benefits local businesses
It is to always remember that there is lot more to do in SEO than just optimising the pages of the website. In fact, having a content strategy like a separate blog section can bring in enduring success.
2. Start Blog Section with Best Content Strategies
In any eCommerce business, success is not only the result of selling but it’s also about being helpful. The business turns helpful by helping the audience in finding the best to their daily challenges. There needs to be a basic understanding about the product/service offerings of the business and why people such buy the product/services from the portal. In fact, this is the understanding of the fact ‘why’. This will definitely help in creation of the content for the right audience and enjoy their shopping or searching with availability of best relevant information. This way, there will be the creation of the content that will help the potential buyers or customers to buy the best suitable product online, ways of its maintenance, how to use it the right way and so on. With creation of blog content and its distribution, there will be rise in the level of traffic on the online store for very long duration especially with creation of well-optimized blog content.
The types of content that should be created-
- Blog posts
- Buying Guide
- Monthly Podcast
- Weekly videos too
Where to share such content?
- Use social media profiles to share the content
- Email the content to the subscribers
- Make use of Youtube to share the videos
- Let the content be displayed on the website’s homepage, search pages, product pages, product category pages and other.
Some Vital Facts to Memorize About Content Marketing
- Significance of Consistency- Develop and post content regularly.
- Quality Need to be Focused- Simply creating content won’t help. Generate only qualitative content.
- Make use of Diverse Content- Develop text, visual or video content. Try out everything to figure out what type of content is more engaging for people.
- Follow the popular 80-20 rule- This means 20% time should be spent on content development and 80% of time in promoting it.
3. Make Active Participation on Social Media
Social media is just not going anywhere. It’s something to last for long time. It completely depends on how the social media platforms are used. Earlier it was easy to reach the targeted audience without making any payment for it. However, today it is very tough and the single way-out to get the most of the social media platforms in respect to all the efforts made to increase free traffic on the website and further to grow your audience and further consistently create content.
Factors to Remember About Social Media Content Postings –
- Do not simply post the content. Make efforts to engage with the community.
- Try to create different content on every social media platform. Create variations and avoid duplicating on various social pages.
- Do a test with paid ads in order to have help in supporting your free posting strategy later.
4. Make Collaborations Online with Relatable Audience
Additional proven way-out for getting free traffic to the website is by collaborating with other individuals from the same industry. This strategy will definitely prove beneficial in well establishing the network and also to make reach to new potential audience. Undeniably, leveraging the already established networks will boost the reach. However, collaborating with everyone is also not recommended. Only make collaborations with those seeking good attention of the targeted market of the business.
Who Should be Considered Collaborating with?
- Snapchat users
- Instagram users
What to Remember When Collaborating Online?
- Make Careful Collaboration – Do not invest time and effort in making any collaboration that will lay a negative impact on the business. Make careful decision.
- Number of Followers/Subscribers is Not Everything – Collaboration is basically about the engagement level. There is no point of making collaboration with the one having greater number of followers but with no attention seekers.
- Careful Message Crafting is Vital – Collaboration with the one who is just trying to sell to all their potential audience. Become genuine and lay stress on proffering value.
5. Develop Offline Network
Accelerating traffic to the website is not just limited with use of online schemes. There is lot to accomplish offline.
Here’s What to Do Offline –
- Be Present at Industry Related Conferences
- Be present at local meet ups
- Be present at workshops
What Offline Commencement to Make
- Speak at Different Industry Related Events
- Sponsor Local Events and Charities
- Create Topic Specific Meetings
In order to attain success in all the offline efforts, try developing the habit to listen and communicate more.
Final Words: It is very vital to make presence there where the potential audience is. Do efforts in creating network with individuals that are ideal with the target market of the business or with people having greater number of the targeted audience of the business. Unveil what is there with the business to offer and make people aware about it.
If this blog is informative to you, do share it with all.